many, many summers ago ... and all came from a small yellow tape ...
was the first time I went abroad.
I was only 4 years, and what I knew was that, Mom and Margaret, my twin sister, we were making that long trip to visit cousins, uncles. And above all, to know her grandmother, who had come from 'Africa. It was the first and last time I saw her.
My uncle lived in the suburbs near Paris. I do not remember exactly what time of year we went, I only remember that it was not cold. Maybe it was Easter or September ... .. I do not know! We faced
a journey of less than 13 hours by train. And do not ever!
Just arrived are surprised at the size of his uncles house! the green, and on three floors. There were also three dogs and two cats ... my uncle was a veterinarian and loved animals!
It was a nice holiday! Every day, my mom took a cassette with the initials of the cartoons and put the ball in the hallway .. basically you can 'be said that at the time, the cartoons liked her more than us kids!
That passion mom, however, began to like it. And despite my uncle spoke only in French, he fully understood what I would like to receive as a gift, before returning to Italy.
That afternoon, my uncle brought home two parcels, not so big in a plastic Bustone. Mom said, "are for you! My sister and I immediately ran to discard our gifts!
E. .. how wonderful! two unusual gifts for two girls: two small tape recorder. Mine was yellow, while my sister's was blue. Those models were going to tape in the eighties, small and with only one cassette. Of those, to record, you had to press the REC button (usually red) together with the PLAY button. Then, at times, not just a simple "push" to start recording, indeed .... anything! But it was manageable, even had the door handle behind more 'easily! I reported my
registratorino in Italy: I already knew what to do!! I recorded from TV all the letters of my favorite shows and cartoons, listen to them, then more 'easily learn them by heart! Ideon that!
I remember when I started the long-awaited program, I was ready for them under the TV ... in fact, attached to the TV! Yes, because to get a record more or less decent, I had to approach the microphone of the recorder as possible to the coffers of the tv ... sometimes we just attack him! Even with the volume of the unit to the max!
And so, after various adjustments, I'd put up a good playlist of songs to learn ....
but how could I understand as if I had "studied", could go well or not? So I took the most important decision: to register! once you learn the text by heart, I hid under a table (or behind a sofa ... well, in a place where no one could hear! very ashamed!) ... and sang.
One day my mother discovered me, and I said "what are you doing back there?" You can hear the song without the hide. "And I said," but Mom, I'm not listening .... I'm singing. "
Mom looked at me, eyes wide. "But you know that you must not tell lies? forward, out of them! "
At that point he jumped off my sister, who defended me by saying" but mom, Antoinette is always singing! she was not the recorder was "
mother still tells me this story, so I could tell you all the details ... could not believe you were singing I myself
And that's how I started to enjoy singing, and musica.grazie .... Cristina D'Avena!
straconvinto In those days I would have done the dancer, dancing, I liked too. .... But
0 comments:
Post a Comment